Use of carbon fiber tubing makes this two-stage video tripod one of the lightest in its class. The 542 uses Manfrotto's patented A.R.T. (Advanced Release Technology) mechanism for the fastest opening, positioning and closing of any video tripod in the world, ideal for filming under pressure.
Comes with 100mm-75mm bowl adapter for compatibility with all industry-standard half-ball video heads. Included mid level "squid" spreader offers improved antitorsion resistance and keeps legs locked safely in position even when space is cramped and tripod footprint is necessarily smaller. Double stainless steel spiked feet also come with quick-on/off rubber shoes for better grip on smooth floors. No protruding parts, levers or knobs to catch or damage. When closed, tripod legs interlock without additional clips, straps or hooks to ensure compactness and prevent damage. Leg lock mechanism can be adjusted for increased or reduced tightness.
- Materials, design and construction techniques have been carefully selected to help save weight without sacrificing stability or strength
- Manfrotto's carbon fiber tubing is popular among outdoor photographers because it's light in weight, but not everyone knows it's also more rigid and supports heavier loads than aluminum - giving it a double advantage.
- Industry-standard 100mm half bowl
- The A.R.T. (Advanced Release Technology) locking system is a revolutionary aid to videographers who need the fastest possible setup and breakdown. The tripod can be opened, repositioned or closed in under 4 seconds... when the legs are parallel or the mechanism release button is pressed, the leg sections are free to extend. As soon as the tripod is spread or the buton is released, the legs lock solidly in position - anywhere between minimum to maximum extension
- The 100mm half bowl can be converted to 75mm using the included adapter in order to accept any professional fluid video head
- Spreader included, giving the tripod more stability and rigidity
- Click-stop preset positions on the spreader allow for easier set-up
- The top cone screws down to block the spreader rods at the angle you choose, allowing the tripod to have a smaller, yet stable, footprint for use in tight spaces